Get cozy with this gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate cacao banana bread.
Here's an easy, delicious way to enjoy Rockin' Wellness Chocolate Cacao in this gluten-free, dairy-free recipe for banana bread:
- 2-3 scoops of Rockin' Wellness Chocolate Cacao
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil or high quality vegetable oil
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs or use flax eggs (combine ground flaxseed and water) if vegan
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 ½ medium or 2 large bananas)
- ¼ cup plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
- 1 ¾ cups gluten-free flour
- Optional: ½ cup mix-ins like chopped walnuts or pecans, raisins, chopped dried fruit, fresh banana slices…
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey or maple syrup together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and plant-based milk.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. Some lumps are ok! If you’re adding any additional mix-ins, gently fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. If you’d like a pretty swirled effect, run the tip of a knife across the batter in a zig-zag pattern.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (typically, if I haven’t added any mix-ins, bread is done at 55 minutes; if you added mix-ins, it needs closer to 60 minutes). Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for at least 10 minutes. You may need to run a butter knife around the edges to loosen the bread from the pan. Carefully transfer the loaf to a wire rack to cool before slicing.
Credit: This recipe was adapted from Cookie And Kate.