Discover How You Can Get Fit At Home
Gyms may be closing, but that doesn't mean you have to quit working out. There are plenty of exercises you can do from the comfort of your own home without any equipment.
The 5 key components of an effective workout include:
- A warmup (2-3 mins) - brisk walk, light jog, or body (neck, arms, legs, hips) rotations
- A cardiovascular (aerobic) workout - whatever you enjoy to get your heart rate up such as quick feet (running as fast as you can at 30 second intervals)
- Resistance (strength-building) exercises - squats, push-ups, crunches, lunges
- Flexibility moves - floor stretches or yoga poses
- A cooldown - similar to your warm-up to bring your heart rate back to its resting state
There are tons of videos online, if you don't want to create your own workout. The most important thing when exercising at home is staying motivated and avoiding distractions.
The best tip we can give you is to get your workout in as early as possible. Exercising in the morning gives you a better chance at being consistent with working out. This way you can just get it out the way and focus on the rest of your day.
If you're a beginner, aim for 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise at least three times a week, and 20 to 30 minutes of strength work three times a week. Be sure your strength workout covers all major muscle groups, in your upper body, lower body, abdominals and back. Aim for three sets of 10-15 repetitions of each strength exercise.
We recommend eating protein after a workout session to help the body recover quicker and can help stimulate muscle growth. Our plant-based, vegan protein superfood mix has 14 grams of organic protein:
- Pea Protein
- Brown Rice Protein
- Hemp Protein
- Pumpkin Seed Protein