March 27, 2020 0 Comments
Being stuck at home doesn't have to suck. While in self-isolation or self-quarantine, the best things we can do is catch up on stuff we tend to neglect due to a busy schedule. Why not take advantage of your time at home and practice some self-care? Here are 4 ways to unwind and ease some of your anxieties:
1. If you have no obligations in the morning, start your day off right with a 30 minute workout. Exercise is the best way to combat anxiety and stress. If working out is the most daunting activity for you, we highly recommend completing this as your first task of the day. You'll feel accomplished and everything else will seem much easier and manageable.
2. If you're exhausted of all the COVID news online, read books that you’ve intended to but just didn’t have time. Anytime off your phone or social media will ease your mind of unwanted distractions.
3. Practice mindful meditation - give yourself a break from external noises or your own internal negative thoughts. Take 5 minutes or more to sit comfortably, straighten your upper body—but don’t stiffen, notice what your arms are doing, situate your upper arms parallel to your upper body, rest the palms of your hands on your legs wherever it feels most natural and soften your gaze. It’s not necessary to close your eyes, just do what feels natural.
4. If you're used to eating out, stopping for fast food or popping a pre-made meal in the microwave because you didn't have enough time before - make the most of your extra time with cooking a healthy meal or snack. "Fast" meals aren’t usually sufficient when it comes to feeding your body the right kinds of calories and nutrients.
Try our no-bake energy power balls recipe when you're looking for a healthy snack. This is also great pre or post-workout.
-1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
-15 Pitted Dates
-1/3 cup coconut oil
-1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (cacao powder)
-1 pinch of salt
-1 teapoon of pure vanilla extract
-1 scoop of Rockin Wellness Chocolate Cacao
1. Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well coated or use a food processor.
2. Roll out into balls and coat with shredded coconut.
3. Place balls in freezer for 30 minutes.
4. Place balls in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!