Ahhh chocolate, almost universally loved; and when you are craving chocolate (which is pretty often for us) nothing else will suffice.
Chocolate gets a bad wrap in the health world at times, but chocolate is actually healthy for you! Really it is!
When all the extra sugar and dairy is added to chocolate that is when it becomes unhealthy, but in it’s purest form it is the cacao bean and it has tons of health benefits.
1. Improve mood: Does eating chocolate make you happy? Well there’s actually a science-backed reason why.
- Cacao stimulates the brain to release neurotransmitters, which can trigger emotions like euphoria. When you eat cacao, the body produces a natural, adrenal-related chemical called phenylethylamine (PEA). It usually occurs when you feel excited or in love, causing your pulse to speed up. PEA also allows for more focus and awareness.
2. Prevent heart disease: Multiple studies support that dark chocolate can prevent heart disease:
- A 2006 study that followed 470 men over a 15 year period found that cocoa reduced the risk of death from heart disease by 50%. The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Family Heart Study found eating dark chocolate at least times per week lowered the risk of heart disease by 57%.
3. Lower blood pressure: High blood pressure can lead to a variety of health problems such as heart disease, stroke, kidney failure and more.
- The flavonols in dark chocolate can stimulate the lining of the arteries, known as the endothelium, to produce nitric oxide. Nitric oxide signals the arteries to relax, which promotes normal blood pressure.
- Research also shows that consuming a small amount of dark chocolate every day can lower blood pressure in those with mild hypertension.
That is why our Rockin Wellness chocolate cacao smoothie mix is our most popular and best selling item. Everyone loves chocolate, our mix gives you the chocolate taste you crave while also delivering all these awesome benefis cacao beans have. So if you haven’t tried us yet what are you waiting for? And if you already love the chocolate cacao mix, perhaps it is time for a refill.